Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
I&C System Engineering Head [Site Based - NPP Experience]
Provide I&C system engineering leadership throughout the planning, execution and post close-out phases of system engineering activities for the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) as per the regulatory requirements, operating policies and principles, nuclear standards for nuclear safety, industrial safety, and environmental protection, to ensure overall business performance objectives are achieved.
Activity: I&C System Engineering
Ensure the following job tasks are performed timely and with quality to achieve highest level of safety and reliability, etc.
• Observe I&C system commissioning activities
• Review I&C system turnover packages to plant operations from commissioning
• Develop and maintain system engineering procedures
• Develop and support operating license documents
• Ensure the development of system note books
• Establish system performance criteria and system monitoring plans
• Analysis operational experiences of equipment failure and abnormal operations
• Review and supervising system engineer’s system and component monitoring task
• Support the infrastructure (OMS) establishment for engineering works
• Control the configuration of system drawings, document and plant physical condition
• Review performance test results
• Review commissioning test results
• Review corrective actions for NCRs
• Identify areas for improvement during construction and commissioning phases
• Support the establishment of FID and MR program
• Support the establishment of Equipment master DB
• Provide oversight on maintenance activities performed by contractors, when necessary
• Prepare for WANO pre-start up peer reviews
• Perform technical administrative activities as assigned by department head
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related science or equivalent nuclear power plant work experience relevant to this position as defined in the experience requirements below.
Minimum 7 years of power plant experience which shall include 1 year in nuclear power plant, and 0.5 year on-site experience
APR-1400 or OPR-1000 maintenance and engineering experience
• Ability to conceptualize, plan, develop, and manage the assigned programs for a multi-unit station.
• Good understanding of nuclear power plant design and modification.
• Understanding of license basis requirements.
• Able to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with peers within the site and across nuclear.
• Understands the responsibilities with regard to the plant modification and work control requirements of a nuclear power plant.
• Good understanding of regulatory requirements relative to the modification of a nuclear power plant.
• Broad knowledge of nuclear power plant modification programs and standards
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career